Maine is home to the only remaining populations of wild Atlantic salmon in America. Our salmon live and grow in their natural environment in the cold, clean waters of Maine. Cutler Cove salmon truly does come from right where nature intended.
“Atlantic Salmon” NOAA Fisheries USA, 2021, https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/species/atlantic-salmon-protected
Fallowing/seabed rest periods
- After harvest the sea site is left in what’s called a ‘fallow period’. During this period we let the sea site rest untouched to helping the environment work to restore itself.
When you purchase Cutler Cove Salmon you can rest assured that the packaging we shipped our salmon is recyclable.
- Outer corrugate box is made from 76% recyclable materials and is 100% biodegradable & recyclable.
- Thermal liner is recyclable in most states ((The metalized film component of ThermaFresh, which represents less than 5% in weight of the whole container, may not be recycled by some recycling programs.)
- Bag liner is 100% recyclable
- Butcher paper 100% recyclable
- Cutler Cove Salmon is proudly made in Maine. Being close to the source not only means supporting local but it also means it gets to you by truck and versus air travel there is a significant reduction in carbon footprint.